Wednesday, April 25, 2012

40 To 40 Day 37: On Being Super Cool

Rebel Mamas.
I think having company is good for me. It "forces" me to take a break. I put that in quotes because no one is keeping me from doing anything. It's a lot easier to go out to lunch, or go to a movie when you are hanging with family and friends who happen to be staying at your house. You want to spend time with them, since it's temporary. The to-do list and responsibilities will always be there. At least with the internet and tech today if someone needed me for anything I'm right there. Not doing much has sort of been a mental health vacation, and I didn't realize I could use one until I wasn't doing anything.

I have been a little worried about Bret though. He hasn't had any down time at all. No down time includes no break from work between racing a triathlon, Pat's Run, and planning my birthday party. I want him to take a mental health vacation! All I can do is try and make things as calm as possible at home. He's a super cool dude, I love him and don't want him to burn himself out!

I read another thing today, and this time it made me smile. It was the opposite of the stupid "what you NEED to do by 30" list from yesterday. Boy that list still makes me grumble. So when I read this other list it was everything I would want- and you don't even have to make sure you accomplish any of them by a certain age.

You are all ready super cool. Not matter what your age. :)

A taste:

You are super cool because you:

*know that if you are having a bad day, tomorrow will be better
*know that 30 isn’t the new 20, 40 isn’t the new 30 and 50 isn’t the new 40 and you are grateful
*don’t fit into your skinny jeans, gave them away and bought jeans that fit you.
*do serious things without taking yourself too seriously
*are a rebel mama
*are starting to recognize what matters

There are plenty more- read them and know that you are super cool!


No comments: