Tuesday, December 09, 2008

5 Things Whenever The Heck I Want!

I guess it is some old LiveJournal meme thingy called Friday 5... well I am not one who likes to conform TOO much (I don't conform, but I am a copycat!), so here's my Tuesday 5:

1. Would you consider yourself an organized person? Why or why not?

Absolutely not. It's always a last-minute, thrown-together thing. No matter what. Girl Scout meetings, packing for a trip, supplies for a party, arranging the next episode of my podcast... it's always pretty much the day or even the hour before, or AS I'm doing it. And please, don't clean anything and organize it because I know where it is all ready. Yet, on the other hand.. see #2.

2. Do you keep some type of planner, organizer, calendar, etc. with you, and do you use it regularly?

I've been forced to. See, I used to be very VERY organized. In a previous chapter of the Life of Danielle, I was a legal assistant to a bankruptcy attorney. Talk about needing to be organized!

Then... I had children. Really, I can't blame it on that either, because I worked full time until I was pregnant with Samantha. But THEN... I became a stay-at-home mum. That's when my organizational skills went kaput. I had moments where it would return, like when I was PTO president for two years, and when I would hastily scribble things on the calendar hanging on the wall, but it wasn't until the last couple of years that I really was forced to crack down and PLAN. The kids are older now, and have 8,000 separate functions, most of these at the same times. This year becoming a Girl Scout leader really did me in and forced me to behave like a semi-competent adult.

My savior? Google calendar. It's just so DAMN EASY. I can even fool all the parents in the troop about how organized I am with the link to their own calendar!

Wow, that was a long answer to a simple question.

3. Would you say that your desk is organized right now?

No. I mean, if you add up #1 and #2... you should be able to answer #3 for me all on your own!

4. Do you alphabetize CDs, books, and DVDs, or does it not matter?

Nope, and it doesn't matter in the slightest. Yet at least in the DVD department, they are all very neat an tidy. If you know my husband, then I do not need to say anything more.

5. What’s the hardest thing you’ve ever had to organize?

My life. Work in progress.

Your turn.

1 comment:

-=Topper=- said...

Nice, and I am pretty much the same. Not organized really. However I live alone which can be a burden. I had the vacuum cleaner out and ready to go, it sat there in that spot for weeks.

No planners for me, even when I try to keep one.

Desk is a mess. Cd's are really scattered about, game, pc, and music can be in the same place.

My motto is to put off for tomorrow what I can do today.