1) What’s your favorite holiday tradition? Every Christmas eve, or in some cases Eve-eve, the family gets together for chili. I first learned about this when I started going to Bret's house when we were dating. His dad always did it. When we had Allison chili night was passed to me. This will be our 12th Christmas doing chili night, and I absolutely love it. The family comes and we all exchange our gifts to open at our own homes Christmas morning. Some years I even open it up and invite friends. This year it is going to be family only.
2) A favorite cookie recipe? Don't really have one. I do love my sister's peppermint bark and peanut butter fudge.
3) Share a story behind a special ornament on your tree. Not any particular ornament, but we do have an ornament tradition (also passed on by Bret's dad) where we give each other a new ornament every year. We have always added to our Looney Tunes ornament collection, and since about 1992 we've accumulated quite a few. Also passing this one on to the kids, but we try and get something that reflects what they were really interested in a particular year. So we've got everything from Dumbo to Blue's Clues to Barbie and Hannah Montana on the tree now!
5) What’s your favorite Christmas movie and why? I have two. A Christmas Story is just timeless and I always laugh all the way through. My kids love it as well, which makes it even more fun to share. I also love Love Actually because it's just silly romantic and all-around well done. Oh, and Colin Firth- HELLOOOOO... nurse!
6) Are you dong anything special for the holidays this year? No, nothing in particular. It will be much quieter this year. Which will be nice, but at the same time sad because I miss so much of my family!
7) What’s the best toy you ever got when you were a kid? I honestly can't remember.
8 ) Why is Christmas special to you? To be honest, it's not my favorite holiday. It's nice to give gifts and acknowledge those you ignore for the other 11 months of the year, but I prefer Thanksgiving. Seems to be the only one of the bigger holidays that isn't hyped up so much you lose the meaning entirely.