Saturday, June 04, 2005

A quote to muse about

"We do not attract what we want, but what we are."

~James Lane Allen


People come in and out of our lives for different reasons at different times. What I tend to notice about myself, is that the greatest people enter my life when I need to take a good hard look at the path I'm on, or have wandered away from.

A reminder, if you will, of who I really am and who I want to be. Once I'm back on my path, some leave, and some stay. Some are just crazy enough to stay for the long haul. :-) But I believe that every person you meet and make a connection with has a reason they have come into your life, and a purpose for you.

Another quote- taped to my monitor:

"If, in your course, you don't meet
your equal, your better,
then continue your course
firmly,
alone.

There's no fellowship with fools."

~Dhammapada 6

No comments: