Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Seriously, can there really be 5 million types of paper?

Because apparently there are, and they are all being displayed in NYC. I must say I think I have had my fill of paper. And paper-peddlers. If tomorrow wasn't the big shopping day, I'd skip out on it altogether. I've got everything I need to show to my company. Today I actually wasn't all that into it, and I walked through the last part of the show. WAYYYY in the back, where the cheap seats are. The smaller companies who couldn't afford the main floor.

But you know what? They were the best people to talk with. These are the ones where the actual designers and artists are, instead of just reps. So I got the best ideas and leads from them. I also have walked away with several ideas that I want to try out myself in my own card lines. This has definitely sparked some creativity in me.

But I'm still tired. I had a friend call me late last night (actually it was only 10 for her), and I was silly enough to answer. So I only got about 4 hours of sleep. My appetite is returning, but the cough remains. So I came back early today.

On the way back I found the Tibet House & Museum. It was one of the places I wanted to visit while here. Great artwork, and there was a small group of monks chanting in the shrine, so I got a little treat sitting and listening for awhile.

So now I am resting up before dinner with my aunt for her bday. But I think I am getting to the point where I am ready to go home. I miss my family. :-)

No comments: