Friday, May 20, 2005

Back to the real world

...and you know, that's ok. I gathered my info, I played around, I saw my family.

It's raining today, and cold. I love this weather! Back home Bret said it is getting close to 110. YUK! Can I stay another week? At least wait out the summer?

Yesterday I did the Met. Excellent. Julie (Thelma to those who read the blog)told me that the Max Ernst exhibit would blow me away. And it certainly did. Pictures in books or off the internet do not do the actual art justice. The colors, the textures, the depth. I was in awe of it. The Diane Arbus exhibit was also excellent. What a quirky photographer. I also had time to wander through my favorite section- medieval and Renaissance. There is never enough time to see everything, so I think forward to the next visit...

Afterwards I met my Aunt Roberta at her office and we met up with my Aunt Deb and cousin for dinner. Then we just hung out all evening, and I packed. The goodbyes were teary- my aunt's cry like a leaky faucet. :-)

Now it's time to go and hug my girls. I can't wait to see them! Samantha whispered on the phone last night that they made stuff for me, but I'm not supposed to know about it... oh she cracks me up! My husband sounded frazzled on the phone last night. Definitely a sign it's time for me to come home...

I'm rested. I got my break. Now I feel I can go home and be a better mother and wife to my family. I also feel ready to work. I've had lots of good ideas come to me from being at the convention, and I can't wait to start making them a reality.

No comments: