Monday, July 24, 2006

Feel it hot, hot, HOT


118- flipping degrees Friday!

I walked outside, to go just across the street to get the mail, and I felt my arms burning. Smoke rising as it began to singe. It was the worst 3 minutes of my life.

Saturday it was noticeably cooler, we decided as we took Allie to see Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest. Sam stayed and swam over at Nana's. That night we learned yes, indeed it was cooler.

116. I'm sorry all you east coast peeps who say "well come out here with 100 degrees and the humidity"- but I'd take that ANY DAY OVER THIS. And I can say that, because I've been in it. Now go inside, turn on your oven to 120 degrees, and stick your head in it for 3 minutes. Though I give you no air-conditioning... that has GOT to suck.

I heard rain tonight... and it was actually pretty steady coming down. For like 5 minutes. It's dry as a bone out there again.

Next Monday- San Diego baby!!!! Rob says it's been 90 there... and I said I'll pack a sweater for that cold front.

No comments: