Monday, August 22, 2005

Another internet friend becomes real

If you haven't figured it out by now, I'm a fairly social person. I do the mom-thing, and have a few good friends in that arena. I often say I keep my social calendar fairly full because of my children. I party more now than I did pre-kids! (Note to self: get present for bday party Saturday.) I also have the school-mom thing, and a few friends there as well (Note to self: get tickets for school roller-skating party on Wednesday.) I even manage to make it out every now and then for a date with the hubby (note to self: talk to neighbors about starting up weekly date nights!)

The internet has become a good social outlet for me as well. I know this seems odd to some, but since there are times you can't get out when you would like to, it's a nice back-up plan. Now, don't get me wrong. There are a few people I talk to on the internet that I would pretty much rather not meet in person, and I'm perfectly happy to keep it that way. I've also been pretty lucky that the few I've met over the course of the last year, have not been insane asylum escapees. Of course I knew that before I met them all.

I think. Hmm...

So my latest victim, Marla, came into town this past week due to her husband's job. We've always had good talks online, and I was excited to show her around town while her husband was out at work. My kids also went back to school last week, so I didn't have to juggle them too much either. Though after dragging her around on my errands the first day, I was sure I wouldn't see her for the rest of the week!

It was a good time. We walked Chandler Mall, and I was able to show her my old stomping grounds by taking her to Downtown Tempe and wandering around for the day (you pass my old high school and ASU on the way). Then yesterday we had her and her husband over for dinner, so they could meet the rest of the family. I could also reassure my husband of whom I had really just spend the last week with. ;-)



The kids enjoyed meeting them and their dog, Piper, making sure to run the poor thing ragged while they were over. Bret enjoyed meeting them too, as well as the fact I actually cooked a meal that wasn't in a box or delivered. :-)))



She's got her own photo blog with shots from her trip. I think I might even be in one of them! Check out her Wicked Wanderings here

Who will be my next victim? Who knows what the future will hold. For now, it's off to get the birthday present I mentioned above.

And knowing I have another friend in the world. That's a good feeling. :-)

No comments: