Monday, May 29, 2006

ASU jumps on bird flu hype-wagon


Holy Moly- seriously everyone needs to go out and get some air. From an article in today's Arizona Republic:

"If a flu pandemic hit tomorrow, months could pass before a targeted vaccine made its way to a panicked public."

"The H5N1 bird flu has killed 115 people since 2003, mainly in Asia, but has yet to mutate into a form that would be easily spread among people."

Uh... and how many have died in Iraq since 2003? Here's a hint.

Is there a vaccine for that?
Want more reality? Click here.

Seriously, I'm more afraid of my kids suffering from heat stroke as they are outside in 100 degree weather and jumping on the trampoline.

But if you're going to buy into the bird flu hype, then here's my advice. Watch out for terrorist chickens. They're everywhere. I think there should be fences erected around every KFC on the planet. We must keep them from getting in, raising our crime rates, and forcing us to use our hospitals when they infect us. You're either with us or with the chickens.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to lie down. I've had this sniffle and a fever lately... and I am going to relax and catch up on my reading.

No comments: