Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Why I can't stand warm temperatures

View of the Superstitions from
the edge of my neighborhood,
when it was a high of 45.
 I bitch about warm weather ALL THE TIME. Basically, any time the sun is out, I'm going to be unhappy. We just had a freeze here for about a week, and the highs were in the 40's. It was the best weather, and I got to listen to everyone else in the valley complain for awhile.


View two days later when the high
was 70 degrees. 
Heat is gross. It hits 70 in the valley and it feels 10-15 degrees warmer than that. I sweat. OTHERS sweat. I get headaches. I can't run as well when it's warm. I physically feel bad when the temps are warmer. As you can see from the pictures, as soon as the temps rise, the air pressure increases, and it pushes all the crap in the air down. And we breathe it. Even on nice days Bret and I can rarely have our windows open, because we get scratchy throats.  This is just January too! In summer, throw in dust storms and 40 MORE degrees. It's why I escape to the east coast whenever I can over the summers. Even their 90 degrees and 90% humidity is more tolerable than the desert heat. The sun just isn't as intense as it is here.

The only time 70-80 degrees temps are tolerable in the desert is when it was 100+ for months before. I hope there are a few more cooler temps left in this season, because I'm all ready looking forward to next winter!


No comments: