Sunday, February 08, 2009

I hate this part right here...

I'm not a regimen kinda gal. There are some things I'm forced to stick to daily/weekly etc, like getting the kids to school, afternoon carpools, radio tracks and girl scout meetings. Everything else in my life is pretty much a free-for-all. If I feel it, I go there. But not always.

This is what happens with exercise and staying in shape. I have NEVER been one of those crazy people who live for the workout. I know these people too. I hate them. Yes, it's because I'm jealous.

The longest streak I ever had was last March, when I started back at the gym. Then we had our summer vacation away and I was STILL able to stick with it somewhat, though not nearly as often. I was pretty proud of myself. Then Bret bought Wii Fit, and that was last August. I am the one who used it the most, quite honestly. It was also more beneficial to me than several months at the gym. Not sure why, it could be a focus thing. I dropped weight in half the time by using Wii Fit.

THEN came the holidays. Between family visiting and food, it all went out the window. All the weight came back, and unfortunately plus a couple more pounds just for good measure. Finally I put my foot down (on the wii balance board) and started over again, now almost two weeks ago.

I have friends who never feel good exercising, and do it simply because it's the only way to stay fit. But they complain all the while- absolutely hate it. Me, I love it. I do. I love feeling my body work. I love being sore the next day because I pushed myself further. I love that after only a few days I feel the positive effects of getting myself moving. I feel lighter, I have more energy, and even when I look at myself I swear I look trimmer. Seriously, you would think that with how much I love it, and how good I feel, I could stick with it right? Make it habitual.

I've now reached the part I hate. I step on the scale, or do the stupid WiiFit Body Test. It KILLS my high instantly, and I want to go eat an entire bag of Doritos. I know, I probably shouldn't do the test every day. You lose inches before weight, blah blah blah. I know how it goes, I just wish I could figure out a way to be more patient AND make excercizing a permanent lifestyle change.

Because one of these days I'm going to throw the Wii remote at the picture of my Mii puffing up like a balloon when I get the results of my body test. Bret wouldn't appreciate that.

No comments: