Saturday, February 07, 2009

5 Things Whenever The Heck I Want! Pt. 5

I don't think anyone enjoys or looks forward to housecleaning, but it remains a necessity that you can only deny for so long. Some can certainly put it off longer than others (just ask my husband how great I am at ignoring things that need to be cleaned or put away). So without further ado....
  1. What housekeeping chore(s) do you hate doing the most? The bathrooms. Specifically the girls bathroom. I don't care what people say, girls can be just as gross and miss the toilet just like boys. How they miss I'm not sure, but they do. I have begun having them clean their own bathroom however, so that helps my sanity and my gag reflex immensely. Dishes also annoy me simply because it's never-ending.
  2. Are there any that you like or don’t mind doing? vacuuming. Also don't mind doing laundry, but for some reason absolutely HATE putting it away. Usually have more clean clothes at the foot of my bed than in the closet.
  3. Do you have a routine throughout the week or just clean as it’s needed? Clean as needed. Usually the day we're having company over, that kicks me into gear to straighten up and make the house presentable.
  4. Do you have any odd cleaning/housekeeping quirks or rules? Not really, other than "Can you do this instead please?"
  5. What was the last thing you cleaned? The downstairs bathroom because we had company over last night.
Another question was asked, and it made me laugh. Not because of the question, but of how easy we are on our children. The question (well, questionS) are:

In your own household, how are the chores divided? Do you share the workload with your spouse/kids/whoever else lives there? Are they equally divided? If not, what’s the reason for that?

Chores are not divided in our home. Other than bathing themselves and when we tell them to do something specific, Bret and I do all the cleaning. I keep saying I'm going to put a schedule together and divide it up, but most of the time? It's just easier (and faster) to clean things myself. And, yes, I know this is not teaching them about being responsible and taking care of their living space and all that, I do. Maybe I'll take notes from Jen Tucker's list.

Honestly, I can't complain that I do more than Bret either. He cleans just as much as I do, sometimes more, plus he does all the yard work which includes mowing the lawn during Arizona summers. Just yesterday before we left for dinner with friends, he STEAM CLEANED the carpet because there were a couple of stains on it. Vacuuming wasn't enough! Sometimes I get grumpy because weekday afternoons I do the carpool, get home, do the daily dishes, get the kids on their homework, make dinner for everyone THEN have to do dishes afterwards again, but I still can't really bitch too much.

There it is. The extremely boring housecleaning routine in the Cutler home. You may now go back to your more exciting life.

No comments: